6 Tips for a Healthy Brain
1. Fish is the best brain food!
It supplies essential fats, vitamins and minerals.
2. Fruits and veg are essential.
They provide vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.
3. There are important nutrients in meat too.
The brain needs Vitamin B12, folate and iron.
4. Eat carbohydrates in moderation.
Unrefined are the best.
5. Marine sources are the best for omega-3s.
For plant-based diets, algae is the best alternative source.
6. Cut down on high omega-6 foods.
These include oils like corn, soybean, safflower and sunflower which tip the balance the wrong way.